Monday, August 5, 2013

Best Ever Chocolate Chip Cookies

By: Bethany

  Why does it seem like every time I post a recipe, it is one for cookies? We do eat other things at our house :)

  This is a recipe I devised myself, borrowing slightly from a few other recipes, and if I make them just like my recipe says, they turn out soft, chewy, and wonderful.  But if I make a substitution, (which I happen to do about 50% of the time. Yes, silly me) they don't turn out the same, and my family gets disappointed.  That actually happened right before our vacation.  I made a double batch, monkeyed with the recipe a bit, plus over baked one of the batches.  Though we did eat some of them, the rest were fed to greedy seagulls who hovered near our hotel balcony for a chance to grab one. They didn't care that the cookies were hard and stale  :)


Makes about 5 dozen cookies.

Ingredients:

1 cup butter, softened

1 cup white sugar 
(Oh yes, these cookies are not healthy at all :) )

1 cup brown sugar 

2 eggs

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

2 3/4 cup flour

1 teaspoon baking soda

1 teaspoon baking powder

1/2 teaspoon salt

2 cups chocolate chips

 Preheat your oven to 350 degrees (do it now, before you forget!). Cream together butter and both kinds of sugar until smooth, then add eggs and vanilla. Combine well, then add flour, baking powder and soda, and salt. Mix until all combined, then put in the chocolate chips (Mmmmm).  Bake on an ungreased cookie sheet for ten minutes. If your oven is preheated all the way, ten minutes is all it should take, any longer and they get too brown and lose their chewiness.



 This is the tricky part. Make sure your timer is set! When you pull them out, they should still be puffy in the center, and only slightly golden on the edges.

                Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Greetings!
We love hearing comments and remarks, so leave us a note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...