Tuesday, December 19, 2017

What Are You Doing New Year's Eve?


I tried a new filming angle - which involved moving the sewing machine that doubles as my record player table.... :) 

With our immediate family changing this year, Christmas plans are going to need a little revamping.
But this year we're planning on having our Christmas with Shawn and Beth at New Years.

New Year's... are we really getting so close?



Christmas is just this coming weekend and suddenly the whole calendar year slips away.

This year has been... crazy.
Even just for our family, 2017 has been a bit of a roller coaster.

I turned 21 in March. I'm an adult now, no turning back! 😏

Beth got engaged that same month and then the wedding plans ensued.

I finished up the spring at the Children's museum and then took a plane to NY.
NY all in itself was a roller coaster. :)
The summer flew by there, and so many new experiences, places and people.

Then home again for the upcoming wedding.

Bethany packing up and moving out of the house- out of the state!
Gaining a big brother. :)

Seeking some direction in the wake of those big changes,
 and then having opportunities open up close to home.

Now, really looking ahead with gratitude and joy;
knowing that God has been in control the whole way.

Personally, I've learned so much this year... and looking back, I really feel like I've grown.
I know I've changed.
I know I'm in a much better place now.
 I know God was pulling things out of my hands so He could bring me closer to Himself.

I know that the best place to be is right where you are, loving and serving the people in your life right now, and practicing living what you know from God's Word.

 Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; 
for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! 




3 comments:

  1. The video is so cute! Love how it's in the mirror. I have no idea what we're doing for New Year's if anything ;) Lovely post... and I relate to a lot of this! Turning 21... feeling I've grown so much this last year. Like, am I different person or has it simply been part of me finally becoming more of who I was? Lol... that might not make sense. Have a good New Year's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Keturah! I'm glad you can relate! And I think I understand what you mean, I know I feel like I'm headed in the right direction... feeling more at home somehow :) The end goal is to become like Christ, right? :) Happy New Year's to you as well!
    I should add that to the post... :)

    ReplyDelete

Greetings!
We love hearing comments and remarks, so leave us a note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...