Friday, August 25, 2017

See you in September


One of the kids gave all the staff a jar of candy on his last day!


Staff shirt I designed and we got screen printed for free as a generous gift!
Journal, gift from the director - she picked designs that fit each staff member's personality 😊

Wow wow wow wow! 

The summer has flown by!


Last night was the night of School's Out end of summer program.
For weeks I had been writing, casting, delegating, and practicing with the kids for this program... and then the big night came.

The formula of the program was pretty basic. The kids opened with a few songs I taught them this summer, then three short skits that represented some of the bible stories we learned, and a few things intermixed showing some field trips, and the VBS we took the kids to. 

With only a little over a week of practice under our belts - I was really proud of how the kids pulled it all together. It made a big difference when we had a packed audience of families to come watch!!!

It was such a wonderful night - my Memere and Aunt Martha came, and recognized some old friends there. Everyone was so nice and I got some very nice comments from the parents about the program. All the staff I worked with this summer have been terrific - and it was a little bitter sweet with a few of the staff (including me)  not staying for the fall. 

Overall, I can't get over how God just shakes up our lives.

I did not plan on coming to NY this summer - not really.

God changed things in my life, asked me to let go of something I wanted, and brought me to where He wanted me.... and it was really great. 😊

Living in a new state, being pushed out of my comfort zone, meeting strangers who become friends, facing challenges, having once-in-a-lifetime adventures, meeting and loving and teaching a whole lot of great kids, and having countless new experiences....
It's been such a blessing. 

I've learned so much, and I feel like I've grown up a little more. 😏

With our road trip back home starting this Sunday, and my last day with the kids today, the winds of change are a blowin'. After Beth's wedding in October, my plans are.... nonexistent. I have a few options, but no plans. For now, just gonna enjoy this time and wait and see where God leads.

But, if I've learned anything this summer, it's that God is working everything together. 
He's got this. 😉





9 comments:

  1. Hi Miss Beca I saw the video of us and wondered who was filming us?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Althea!!! Both my Grandma and Aunt had their phones out :) This video was filmed by my Grandma I'm pretty sure.

      Delete
  2. You've had such a lovely summer! God be with you in this next phase of life. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Abbey! It's really been such a whirlwind - a very wonderful whirlwind :)

      Delete
  3. It's so neat seeing what God has done in life for many people over this last summer - how if we choose to draw closer to God He makes what seems awful into something beautiful. I love this post - because it's so simple and honest and hopeful. Sounds like you had a very wonderful summer with those kids - and love your shirt :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was funny sitting down and really getting a chance to write out/think out this summer. Things make more sense with hindsight - just proving that God knows what He's doing :) Thanks Keturah!!

      Delete
  4. Miss.Beca are you going to come back to schools out next summer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Althea, I really don't know what I'll be up to next summer. I know for sure I'll visit you guys next time I'm up in NY. And I would be very happy to come back next summer - I just don't know what God has planned next.

      Delete

Greetings!
We love hearing comments and remarks, so leave us a note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...