Saturday, December 16, 2017

Devoted to You




Seems fitting to share some wedding pictures on our two month anniversary. :) 
(it was actually Thursday, I didn't get the post up in time) :P










Since Shawn and I wanted to get pictures done before the ceremony, we had a "first look". The night before and the morning of the wedding, I was feeling pretty nervous, but having that time with Shawn before the ceremony was really nice. 















It was just a little bit chilly that morning. :)


It had been a dream of mine to wear my grandma's wedding dress, but it was much too small for me. We found a way to incorporate though, using the sleeves around our bouquets.



Our friend Emma played the piano for the prelude and the different entrances. While we kept it to mostly hymns, she played "Devoted to You" by the Everly Brothers when I walked down the aisle. Had to slip an oldie in there somewhere. :)





my two new sister-in-laws made our cake, and we used some of our dollhouse miniatures we've collected for the topper: the sewing machine for me, and the tool box for Shawn, which fit both his job as a mechanic and his woodworking hobby.






I didn't even notice that fist bump when it happened, I was too worried about tripping over my dress on the stairs. :P








Dad, Becca, and our cousins decorated our getaway vehicle. It was fun to get honks and waves driving up to our honeymoon destination.


Besides getting married, the best part was having so many friends and family there with us. God has blessed us so much and given us so many people to support us in this next step in life.

-Bethany

5 comments:

  1. Love the picture where his jacket is over your dress. Love the cake. That is so neat you have two new sisters!!! Just love all of these :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, I like that one a lot too :) Yup, two new sisters, two brothers, and 5 nephews and a niece :)

      Delete
  2. Beautiful pictures! You two make a lovely couple.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like such a lovely day! What a special idea to incorporate your Grandma's dress, even if you couldn't wear it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Greetings!
We love hearing comments and remarks, so leave us a note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...