Monday, May 15, 2017

Sad Day


Have you ever been a mood where nothing was particularly wrong, but you just kinda felt like you wanted to cry?

But you don't, cause, you know, that would be weird to cry for no reason.

Well, I was in that mood last night, driving back to camp after spending the weekend with Shawn and  his family. I also got to visit with my family over FaceTime that afternoon, and tell my mom happy mother's day, so maybe it was mixture of missing Shawn and feeling a little homesick.

But I was having a good drive. I was singing praise songs and hymns, and talking to God about stuff, you know, just driving along.

As I got to the top of a hill, I could see something in the middle of my lane.

In the instant it took me to realize it was a big, beautiful owl, just standing there, minding it's own business, it turned to look towards me, or more precisely, at my blinding headlights, and....

CLUNK!!!

My brain:

"I just hit an owl!"

"OH MY GOODNESS! THAT IS AWFUL!"

"I probably killed the poor thing!!!"

"That is a very good reason to cry"


Yes, I cried most of the way back to camp, I'm not ashamed to admit it.

I love owls. A lot.

I was fine, my car was fine, but I'm sure the owl was not fine.

The dumb thing should have known better then to sit in the middle of the road.

Maybe I should have stopped and tried to find it, but it was dark, and I was rather too traumatized to think about that, so I kept driving.

God kept me safe, it could have been a deer.

But it was still very, very, very, very sad.


the end.



1 comment:

  1. Aw, I'm so sorry! :( That would be traumatizing. I'm glad that you didn't swerve though, since it's so dangerous!

    ReplyDelete

Greetings!
We love hearing comments and remarks, so leave us a note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...