Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Corn Muffins






By Bethany


   This is a recipe I found on the Food Network website, but I've done some tweaking to it.
So here's my version! The original recipe said it made a dozen muffins, but I usually get around 18.



Ingredients:

3 cups whole wheat flour

1/4 cup natural sugar ( I use rapadura)

1 cup stone ground cornmeal

2 tablespoons baking powder

1 1/2 teaspoons salt

1 1/2 cups whole milk

1 cup butter (or I use coconut oil), melted and cooled to room temperature.

2 large eggs

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
  Line muffin cups with papers. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, mix the flour, sugar, cornmeal, baking powder, and salt. In a separate bowl, combine the milk, melted butter/oil, and eggs. With the mixer on the lowest speed, pour the wet ingredients into the dry ones and stir until they are just blended. Spoon the batter into the muffin liners, filling each to the top. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the taps are golden and crisp and a toothpick comes out clean. Cool slightly and remove from the pan.
   If you have any left the next day, my favorite way to eat them is buttered and drizzled with maple syrup.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Greetings!
We love hearing comments and remarks, so leave us a note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...