Monday, May 9, 2016

Beautiful People || May || Becca's Character





Hello there!
It's time for another beautiful people post.


In March you met Rory Sonders, and this month I'll introduce you Felix Tovar. 
He's also in the story "In The Present Age." 

There are some very interesting questions... quite thought provoking for me, since Felix is rather mysterious.


Here goes!


1. How often do they smile? Would they smile at a stranger?

How often Felix smiles depends greatly on who he is with, and what he wants. He smiles most often when he is with someone he cares for, or when he is trying to manipulate/disarm someone.

At strangers? Yeah... no, not unless they're his next target. 

2. What is the cruelest thing they’ve ever been told? And what was their reaction?

"I don't like you boy. I know my little girl loves you, but honesty, she's not thinking clearly. You're trouble, I could tell the moment I met you. I'm not sure what you're up to, but I can't let some scoundrel like you come into this family. You will not being marrying my daughter, and I will do whatever it takes to make sure you don't see Garnet again." 

Felix didn't react outwardly at first. His heart broke. But he had to keep face, the plan was still in motion, simply altered. 

3. What is the kindest thing they’ve ever been told? And what was their reaction?

Oh, tough one. Felix hasn't had much kindness in his life...

The kindest thing ever? Such commitment :)

"Here, let me take her." Felix held out his arms to Rory, the bundle in her arms wailing relentlessly. With a groan Rory surrendered and Felix let the blanket slip to the floor, holding the baby against his shoulder. His hand spanned her entire back as he gently rubbed her dark skin. Felix slowly paced in front of the window, the baby whimpering, and then quieted with a sigh.
He grinned a bit smugly at Rory, who was glaring at him from the kitchen doorway.
"Jealous?"
She rolled her eyes and then joined them in the living room.
"Yes," Rory came behind Felix and stroked baby's dark head. "You have such a way with her, I wish I did. I really think she loves you more."
He turned around to see her face, expecting to see a sarcastic look. She smiled up at him, then leaned in to kiss the baby.
Keeping her voice to a whisper she added. "You've really been a life saver for us, I've never really thanked you for that. I don't know what I  would've done without you."
Her words struck a soft spot, sinking in and slicing deep. He smiled back, hiding the pain. She was so naive, if she knew why he was there... she would hate him.  

4. What is one strong memory that has stuck with your character from childhood? Why is it so powerful and lasting?

Growing up with a big family and a single mom, things were tight, really tight. He often skipped meals to make sure the younger ones got enough to eat. As soon as he was old enough he was sent out to get some kind of work. One day, he always dreamed, he would be so rich he'd never have to worry about money again. 

5. What book (a real actual published book!) do you think your character would benefit from reading?

The Bible, for sure! 

6. Have they ever been seriously injured? How severely? How did they react?

Well, I had thought about cutting off his arm, but that didn't work for his character. 
I suppose he's had his scrapes, as all boys do. But I don't think I know of anything specific. 

7. Do they like and get along with their neighbors?

Ha ha ha ha! Well... about that, it's a interesting story.

He lives across the hall from Rory, and they have had many disagreements about the volume of her music. He can barely sleep when her baby cries all night, and next thing he knows he's somehow stuck with babysitting the little monster. Felix also has broken into their apartment a few times.  

8. On a scale from 1 to 10 (1 being easy and 10 being difficult) how easy are they to get along with?

That also depends on who he is with and why.... let's say he can range from a 3 to a 10 :) 

9. If they could travel anywhere in the world, where would they go?

Somewhere his enemies could never find him. 

10. Who was the last person they held hands with?

His fiancee, Garnet. 


14 comments:

  1. Well he is a very intriguing character, I have a feeling he is villainous, but I kinda like him at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! That's just what I was hoping for. :)

      Delete
  2. Felix sounds like a really interesting character, and reminds me a lot of one of my own characters. I always like characters with mysterious backgrounds, so I am really drawn to Felix's character. Good luck with writing him! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melissa! I've have a lot of fun trying to figure him out :) Have fun writing your "mystery" man as well!

      Delete
  3. Felix sounds like a great character! :D I have a feeling I'd like him a lot. I tend to like mysterious, kind of villainous characters. xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bee! He does seem to be the paradoxically likable sort :)

      Delete
  4. Oh, oh, oh...Felix sounds endlessly interesting and sympathetic! I would positively love to read more about him someday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lucy! I do hope his story will be finished and available to read someday :)

      Delete
  5. Oh parental disapproval can really sting, poor Felix. Even if he knows he fiance still loves him it can be upsetting to have someone say you're not good enough for their child. I like that he takes care of his younger siblings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, especially when parents are rich and powerful enough to keep them apart. I do feel rather bad for him. :)

      Delete
  6. Aw Felix sounds so sweet! Especially his love for this siblings. I hope he and his fiancee work out! Forbidden love ...

    I did BP too this month! http://storitorigrace.blogspot.com/2016/05/beautiful-people-17-faol.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Victoria! He has a sweet spot for those smaller and weaker then himself, a bit of a contradiction at times. It'll be a bumpy road for the two of them for sure. :)

      Delete
  7. I love that you've written scenes for some of your answers! Did you write them specifically for the Beautiful People or were they something you already had in your story?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Abbey! Yes, I did write the scenes for the answers, I could't commit to just a few lines :)

    ReplyDelete

Greetings!
We love hearing comments and remarks, so leave us a note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...