Sunday, March 29, 2015

Photo-a-day || March 22-28


Yep, we crawled in there. :)

Sunday: After going to church, our uncle, aunt, and cousins took us hiking. While on our expedition, we explored a small abandoned gold mine, and Becca spotted these gorgeous pasque flowers. They are one of the first flowers to bloom in the Spring, and are usually pretty hard to find.



Monday: We drove back to school, settled back into our dorm rooms, and caught up with friends, but I forgot to take any pictures!


Tuesday: An evening walk. That little bird silhouetted against the sky is a meadow lark.  Becca actually counted over 50 meadow larks on our drive on Monday.  The picture's blurry, because the little stinker wouldn't let us get very close, and I had to zoom in all the way. I kind of like it though; it reminds me of a painting. 


Wednesday: This is one of our memory verses, and I love it so much. I can't say I like waiting very much, but I know Who holds my future, and that the Lord has a plan for me.


Thursday: Spring is here! Warm weather has already made a few appearances, but things are finally starting to green up, and dandelions and daffodils are blooming. 


Friday: There's a disc golf course right near the school, and for the past month now, we've been playing at least once a week with some friends. I can't say we're much good, but it's pretty fun if the wind isn't too wild. 

Saturday: This day was too busy for me to get a picture, but it was very enjoyable. We went shopping with a friend, and then in the evening, the school had a campus wide game of Clue! Unfortunately, our team didn't solve it, but it was quite fun.


11 comments:

  1. The gold mine is the cave-looking thing you crawled in I assume? :-) What was in there, anything interesting? No GOLD I guess or it wouldn't have been abandoned. :-P

    And I like the "stylized" look of how the picture came out! Does using *digital* zoom cause that...? *shrug*


    God bless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! Once we got through the opening, it was almost tall enough to stand up in. But the miners must have given up pretty fast, as it wasn't very deep. :)

      Could be the digital zoom, I was just frustrated the little guy wouldn't let me get closer; they're such pretty little birds, in looks and sound!

      Delete
  2. Did you find any gold? I love the picture of the meadow lark and of the dandelion. That game of Clue sounds super fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, what a fun hike! :D And that is one of my favorite verses. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such a wonderful verse, one that I don't remember often, but now I'll have it memorized!

      Delete
  4. I don't know how else to get ahold of you ladies except for through here (which is a great way to keep up with what you ladies are doing) but I was looking through videos the other day and came across this gem :) https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=1130971243325&l=5414588305864764805 I was also remembering geocaching with both of you and your mom back in the day... what fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Emily!
      It's good to hear from you! Wow, the happy chickens...that's hilarious! Very fun memories. :) Do you still have my email? I'd love to chat sometime!

      Delete
    2. I think I might still remember it- if it's the ITC one still! Let me send you an email here soon and if you get it then I have successfully remembered your email :) Hope you guys are enjoying college, but you both seem to be!

      Delete

Greetings!
We love hearing comments and remarks, so leave us a note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...