Monday, March 5, 2018

Teamwork

What do you get when you cross an upholsterer with a woodworker?

A team that can build their own amazing custom furniture! 

We're learning anyway. :)


So, we had this chair that Shawn's parents gave us. I knew I wanted to recover it, but we also got the idea to make a matching ottoman.




I had this teal, vine/floral fabric I bought for a project once upon a time ago and never used. It wasn't enough to cover everything, so I picked up some gray material on clearance, and they worked together well!



Shawn cut the base and lid out of 3/4 inch plywood.





And then it was my turn. After he put it all together, I worked on it at home before the wedding. 






After the wedding, and finally getting settled into my new home, I was able to tackle the chair.


The whole living/dining area turned into my workshop. :)





the ottoman legs

To make it match the height of the ottoman, we replaced the old legs of the chair (which were really, really short), and Shawn made a new base for it.



There you have it! 

We have more ideas in the works, the only trouble is finding time. :)


3 comments:

Greetings!
We love hearing comments and remarks, so leave us a note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...