Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Vintage Vanity Stool


         Do you remember that cute little vanity stool that we found? Well, I was able to finish upholstering it this weekend!



Before



After

                   It was missing the back cushion, so I had to replace that. I cut out a cardboard circle and upholstered that with some foam we had and the fabric. I was able to reuse the tassels from the old cushion, since they went with the gold color in the fabric.




And it swivels! I just figured that out yesterday. Someone had turned it around so many times, it was like it had been screwed into place. With a little twisting, I loosened it, and now you spin around in it (Carefully, mind you). 

   It was hard to find when the vanity stool was made. It still had a manufacturer's tag stapled to the bottom, but it didn't have a date on it. We tried finding similar ones online and eventually discovered that it was most likely made in the 50's or so.
  
  Oh, and Becca found the missing foot  :)

1 comment:

  1. That is lovely!!!! I love the cloth you picked. It looks so elegant. It would be fun to daintily sit in, in front of a vanity, and do 50's makeup for a night at the movies.

    ReplyDelete

Greetings!
We love hearing comments and remarks, so leave us a note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...