Saturday, September 14, 2013

Record Table Refinish

by: Bethany
   

Here is my most recent project, a record table I found at a rummage sale.  It actually didn't look this rough when I bought it, but I forgot to take the picture until after I started sanding it.


I really liked the harp detail on the side.

After sanding and priming it, I decided to paint it a nice cheery green!




It's really more of a chartreuse/lime green, but I wanted something fun because I had seen another end table just like it online, and they used the bottom portion for kid's books. You know, the big oversized ones that don't fit as well on normal shelves. I thought green could go in a little girl, or a little boy's room. Or, maybe someone will want it for it's original purpose, for their record collection!



Becca and I have a small collection of old records, and we even started collecting them before we had a record player!


These were our first ones, I think they were all found at rummage sales.

Thankfully, soon after that I received a record player from Mom & Dad as a Birthday gift.

That only encouraged us to find more, but finding good records can be hard. Usually in every thrift and antique store, there are boxes and boxes of records. Searching through them all to find something you want takes a lot of patience.  :)

But, with some persistence, we have made a few good scores. Plus, our grandparents gave us some of their old records too.


We have music tracks from Musicals like:
 Fiddler on the Roof, Annie, Mary Poppins, and Sound of Music.

We have some of our favorite 60's groups like: 
The Monkees, Herman's Hermits, Simon & Garfunkel, and the Serendipity Singers (ever heard of them? How about the song, "Beans in My Ears"?) 

And we have a random assortment of others that caught our eye as well, like:
 Sound effects (you never know, someday we may want to make a radio program. They have have tons of different sounds on them, ranging from babies sneezing, to wars, to squealing tires), Classical music, Ragtime, etc...


 We just might have to keep the record table if our collection keeps growing.  :)

Oh, and for those of you know noticed the leg of the bed in the "after" pictures of the record table, that is the wrought iron bed we found a few weeks ago. It is now Becca's bed up in our shared bedroom. Now we just have to find a second one for me!






1 comment:

Greetings!
We love hearing comments and remarks, so leave us a note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...