Saturday, April 21, 2018

Sunshine Blogger Tag




Many thanks to Keturah for tagging us! Per the usual, Becca's answers are in blue, and Beth's are purple.


1. Name two unconventional things that aren't people or God that make you beyond happy.


Beyond happy? That is a tall order.... unconventional? Playing Ukulele/singing with my favorite people, and planing dreams/ideas… castles in the air :)
  
 I'd have to second playing music, or playing my guitar more specifically. For a another thing..........button quail. I mean, how can you see one and not be happy?


 
2. What is your favorite thing to think about?

  Will I sound terribly sappy if I say Shawn? It’s kinda true :) <3


Oh dear, that does sound terribly sappy. :) Favorite thing to think about… honestly, going over all the blessings God has given me and practicing thankfulness throughout the day. That really helps change my tired, critical heart around. Looking for the good in the little things + remembering all God has done in the past, and promises for the future is such a refreshing and joyful practice.
I want to be better at focusing my mind on things above.


3. What do you think others should think about more often?


   Well I know I need to be better at thinking about how to serve others, instead of thinking about my own wants, and if everyone else thought more about others than themselves, it would resolve a lot of conflict.
    Another thing others should think about more is eternity. There is so much beyond our short lives here on earth, but with gadgets and social media and all sorts of things begging for attention, we get caught up in things that don’t even matter and lose sight of why we are here, and Who we are here for.


Others, like every human? Well, ultimately it would be imperative for every human to truly face the offer of salvation and consider their eternal fate. For the Christian, it helps to refocus life in the lens of “I deserve to go to Hell, but Jesus Christ has bought my pardon.” really jumps starts a day of thankfulness.


4. If you owned the whole world for a day, what would you do?

    Oh my goodness, well, can we say I have a teleporter too, so I can travel super fast? I’d start the day visiting friends in belgium, and have breakfast with them, because she makes awesome cinnamon rolls. It would also involve hiking and exploring old castles, and then in the evening, going somewhere where you can see aurora borealis, and laying out under the night sky. That’s a hard question…...


Oooooh! Ooooooh! Can I just come with you?


5. What is your favorite thing you've ever written?


Honestly, my favorite thing I’ve written are the ideas that haven’t escaped my mind. There are many stories that haven’t fully made it into existence, but I love the idea of them :) I keep saying one day I’ll write them out.


  Hmmmmm…….Maybe a short story I wrote for a contest a couple years ago. It’s called “He didn’t know he was dead”.  I’ll post it in a couple days :) if anyone would like to read it.


6. Do you enjoy crying (I know some people that say they do)?

It depends why I'm crying! :) I would say mostly... no. Though after a good cry I usually feel relieved.


Not usually. I’m prone to cry when I’m really frustrated and already having a hard time trying to get someone to understand me, and tears are not at all helpful with that. :)


7. Are there any conspiracy theories backed up by fact, in your opinion.

  Um, I guess I don't very many conspiracy theories, but most of them seem to be pretty crazy.  I heard one about how since the ark of the covenant is gold- just molecules away from lead, which is spent uranium, it absorbs radiation and that's why people die when they open it. The things you hear in a restaurant from the people in the booth behind you. :P  


Not really a conspiracy theory, but the people building the apps and programs for media are trying to get you addicted. Some programmers call it “brain hacking”, using our knowledge of the brain and then writing codes and algorithms designed to make the brain respond in a certain way.   
They know the general public is addicted to technology, that is their goal.


8. What does the word identity mean to you?  Does identity really matter, or is it something people think about too much?

    I think of it as who we think we are, or who we try to be. Sometimes we can get too caught up in labels, like personality types, or trying to find identity in what we do, but who we are is a lot deeper then that, as children of God with eternal souls. We aren't just defined by our strengths and weaknesses- we should be constantly growing and it's usually in the areas that we see ourselves as weak that God works to show His strength through us.


Identity… Well as human beings, our natural identity is a rebellious God- hating sinner. But in Christ, and God’s unfathomable offer of forgiveness and adoption, our identity can be completely changed and we can be called children of God!!! That’s certainly something that matters.
Yes, in our American culture it seems people are very self absorbed and introspective, thinking their own identity is something to be discovered and the key to their life or something…. In the scheme of eternity, it matters far more Who’s we are than who we are.


9. How is time meant to be spent, to enjoy life? Have fun with this one!


Is it cheating to use a bible verse? Because these verses in Ecclesiastes came to mind. "I have seen the God-given tasks with which the sons of men are to be occupied. He has made everything beautiful in its time. Also He has put eternity in their hearts, except that no one can find out the work that God does from beginning to end. I know that nothing is better then for them to rejoice, and to do good in their lives, and also that every man should eat and drink and enjoy the good of all his labor- it is the gift of God." chapter 3, verses 10-13.


I don’t think that’s cheating, I think that’s great! :) I’ll ditto that. Love God, live gratefully.


10. Forget the accepted definition, but to you, what is the difference between an introvert and an extrovert?


This is mine:




Another hard one. :) I usually think of extroverts being outgoing and talkative, but I know a very outgoing and talkative person who considers themself an introvert. And I still can’t quite figure out what Shawn is….maybe a mix of both. I know that didn’t answer the question :P 


So, onto our questions for you!
  1. You want to plant a garden, but all you have is a flower pot- what do you plant in it?
  1. What would you do with 11 kids ranging from ages 11 to 4 for 10 hours?

  1. Quick! What’s your favorite doughnut?
  1. What do you enjoy more, getting a phone call from a friend, or a letter?

  1. What do you most look forward to do in the Spring? (you mean it’s not here yet?) YES! It’s not here yet!


  2. Essential oils- wonderful? A hoax? The cure for every ailment under the sun? Your thoughts:
  1. Is your life now where you had expected/hoped it to be five years ago? Why or why not?
  1. What is your favorite way of exercising?


     9. What is one new skill that you have learned recently?


10. What’s your favorite way to listen to music? Live, Vinyl, radio, etc....


And we tag...YOU! If you are reading this, feel to answer, one or all of the questions. Do it in the comments, or if you answer them on your blog, let us know! We'd love to see your answers!



2 comments:

  1. oh, I love all your answers!!! I really want to read your short story, Beth ;D And if he's a mixture of both I think that's called ambivert ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooh what fun!! :D Here are my answers! I might do them again on my blog with my Boyfriend Mr Edward Ferras (not his real name but as he's studying to be a Youth Minister Mr Edward it is)



    You want to plant a garden, but all you have is a flower pot- what do you plant in it?

    A sunflower to cheer me up when I have my down days and my anxiety is at it's peak

    What would you do with 11 kids ranging from ages 11 to 4 for 10 hours?

    If it was a Youth Ministry situation possibly some Bible Journalling? :D


    Quick! What’s your favorite doughnut?

    Cinamon- the traditional type

    What do you enjoy more, getting a phone call from a friend, or a letter?
    Letter but when it's practical and there's more reception for such things a phone call.



    What do you most look forward to do in the Spring? (you mean it’s not here yet?) YES! It’s not here yet!

    Well considering we're going into Winter here in Australia can I bend that slightly and say I'm looking forward to having hot cocoa in the dark early mornings before the 7am Service with my Conductor/ Organ Teacher/ Organist friend who is our church Director Music before everyone else arrives to have our choir rehearsal before the later service post 7am service in gloves, scarf and beanie.

    Essential oils- wonderful? A hoax? The cure for every ailment under the sun? Your thoughts:

    Never used them


    Is your life now where you had expected/hoped it to be five years ago? Why or why not?

    In some ways yes and in some ways no not at all, I'll save my long response for my blogpost

    What is your favorite way of exercising?
    Running up and down the side stairs at church with said conductor organist friend when we forget music and have to sprint to get it in about a minute or so, oh and going on walks with said organist friend and his wife and their 6 year old.



    9. What is one new skill that you have learned recently?
    Being a church chorister and organist? :D


    10. What’s your favorite way to listen to music? Live, Vinyl, radio, etc....

    Considering I'm also a chorister and orchestra/ pit orchestra violist I'd love to say live, there's just something about it

    ReplyDelete

Greetings!
We love hearing comments and remarks, so leave us a note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...