Saturday, July 18, 2015

Spiffy New Threads

It's not often that I get to make doll clothes.  It used to one of my favorite things to make new outfits for my American Girl doll, or for a pair of teddy bears Becca and I had.
But nowadays, opportunities to make miniature clothing are few and far between.
(Though, there have been a few projects I've shared on the blog- for the doll house family, and my armor/sweatshirt prototype)

However, in the midst of some larger projects last month, I was able to squeeze in making an outfit for this little fellow.

Kinda hard to tell he's a fellow with those pink gingham clothes, but his owner said he needed a little boy's outfit, along with a bit of repair work.

The brittled rubber arm, that had burst it's stuffing, just needed something to keep it from coming undone any more.

Using the original outfit for the measurements, I made a pair of overalls, a shirt, and a newsboy cap.

For the newsboy cap, I attempted cutting out a free hand pattern first, which didn't turn out very well.
So I found a pattern online, and then just scaled it down before printing it out.

For some reason, I didn't get a picture of him in his cap, but he looked quite dashing in it. :)

And that's that!


We love hearing comments and remarks, so leave us a note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...